Miguel BocanegraPhone: 206.622.1604
PRACTICE EMPHASIS AND EXPERIENCE
Miguel’s practice focuses on immigration law. He has a diverse practice representing individuals and companies in various stages of the immigrant and non-immigrant process. His practice includes, family based petitions, removal defense, naturalization and non-immigrant visas. He has particular experience involving the immigration consequences of criminal offenses.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Member)
- Co-Presenter at AILA Northwest Regional Conference 2007, Grounds of Removal Inadmissibility and Related Relief
- Latino Bar Association of Washington (Member; Immigration Committee)
- CLE Co-Presenter 2006, Grounds of Removal and Forms of Relief
- Washington State Bar Association
University of Washington, cum laude with honors, B.A., 2001
University of Washington, J.D., 2004
Both as an undergraduate and during law school, Miguel served as Co-Chair of Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (M.E.Ch.A.) at the University of Washington. He was President of the University of Washington Latino Law Student Association and an active member of the Farm Worker Rights Committee. He also served as the student representative to the Washington State Higher Education Coordinating Board, which advises the state legislature on educational policy.
Washington State Bar Association
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2005
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2005
HONORS AND AWARDS
Awarded the C. Z. Smith Public Interest Law Student of the Year Award, 2005
UW View Point 40 to Watch 2009 (pdf)
* If you are looking for a lawyer, please do not send us confidential information or documents. Ethical rules require lawyers to check for conflicts of interest before reviewing the facts of a case. Thank you.